We offer a FREE consultation. This is a time for us to meet and go over the services we offer. We also want to know what you’re expecting from your doula and any questions or concerns you have.
If hired, we provide at least two prenatal consultations, continuous labor support (beginning when you need) including at least two hours of breastfeeding support after labor, and a postpartum visit. Your doula will be available by phone or email from the time hired. We also back each other up, if the doula you’ve hired isn’t available during your birth (due to illness or other unforeseeable circumstance) the other would be there to provide the same services agreed upon.
Price: $400, payable by cash or check.
We firmly believe any mother who desires a doula should have one, regardless of financial hardships. If you fall into this category, please contact us, we may be able to help!
Mothers who have completed Little Lambs Childbirth Education from Adrienne receive a $50 discount.
Our doulas are either certified or working on their certification through DONA International.
According to DONA.org, a doula…
* Recognizes birth as a key experience the mother will remember all her life
* Understands the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor
* Assists the woman in preparing for and carrying out her plans for birth
* Stays with the woman throughout the labor
* Provides emotional support, physical comfort measures and an objective viewpoint, as well as helping the woman get the information she needs to make informed decision
* Facilitates communication between the laboring woman, her partner and her clinical care providers
* Perceives her role as nurturing and protecting the woman’s memory of the birth experience
* Allows the woman’s partner to participate at his/her comfort level